THE Classroom Management Book
THE Classroom Management Book
This is a companion book to The First Days of School that shows in detail how to create a safe and positive environment for student learning and achievement to take place. With contributions from more than 100 teachers, it is the most comprehensive guide for creating an effective classroom.
Suggested Retail Price: $36.95
Publisher-Direct Price: $26.95
This is a solutions book that shows how to organize and structure a classroom to create a safe and positive environment for student learning and achievement to take place. It offers 50 procedures that can be applied, changed, adapted, and incorporated into any classroom management plan at any grade level.
The information is supplemented with 40 QR Codes that take the learning beyond the basic text.
As the companion book to The First Days of School, it takes one of the three characteristics of an effective teacher, being an extremely good classroom manager, and shows how to put it into practice in the classroom.
This book will help you prevent discipline problems and help you create a classroom where everyone knows what to do—even when you are not in the classroom!
- 320-page book with Index
- 50 step-by-step procedures
- 40 QR Codes for extended learning
- ISBN: 978-0-9764233-3-1
Table of Contents
THE Classroom Management Book
- They Quietly Walked in and Got to Work
- Everything Is in Place at the Beginning of the School Year
- The Authors
- The Greatest Gift
- Getting Ready for the Most Important Career You Could Ever Have
Prologue: Classroom Management Defined
The Effective and Successful Teacher
- Get It Right from the Start
Definition of Classroom Management
- I Can’t Wait to Start School Every Year
Difference Between Classroom Management and Discipline
- The Worst Four-Letter Word
The Key to Success Is Consistency
- Special Needs Students Thrive on Consistency
The Need for a Trusting Environment
- Every Student Made Progress. Every. Single. One.
Preparation: Before the First Day of School
Prepare Before School Begins
- A Complete First-Day Script Checklist
- The Need for a Classroom Management Plan
Creating a Classroom Management Plan
- Thanks for the Peace
- Presenting Your Classroom Management Plan
Creating a Plan in PowerPoint
- From Warrior to Effective Teacher
How to Teach a Procedure
- The Class Proceeded Without Me
How to Start the First Day and Every Day
- It's in the bag
Procedures: For the First Day of School
- The Start of Class Routine
- The Freedom to Produce Results
An Opening Assignment
- Bellringer Times Three
- 130 Students and No Time Wasted
Dismissing the Class
- A Safe Dismissal or a Tragic One?
Procedures: For Students
Collecting Notes and Forms
- Clean Up the Classroom Clutter
- Classroom Tardiness
- Absent Folder
- Organizing Homework
- District-Wide Consistency
- Unfinished Class Assignments
Procedures: For the Classroom
- Successfully Saving Lives
Getting Students’ Attention
- Your Attention, Please
- Classroom Jobs
Classroom Phone Ringing
- Teaching Procedures Becomes Routine
- Bathroom Breaks
- Replacing Dull or Broken Pencils
Keeping Desks Orderly
- Everything Has a Place and a Purpose
- Collecting and Returning Papers
- Classroom Transitions
Keeping Students on Task
- Tone Is the Key
Finishing Work Early
- Creating a Learning Zone
- Missing Assignment Slip
Daily Closing Message
- Communication on a Weekly Basis
- Guideline Infraction Notice
- Morning Meetings
Procedures: For Instruction
- I Know the Answer!
- Working in Groups
- Note Taking
- Reading a Textbook
Read Any Place Time
- Classroom and School Libraries
- Taking a Test
- Students Correcting Work
Cultivating Social Skills
- Simple Procedures, Plus Courtesy
Procedures: For the Special Needs Classroom
- The Special Needs Classroom
- Hand Washing
- Snack Time
Walking to Another Location
- Everything in Its Place
Handling Student Anxiety
- Effective Behavior Management Strategies
Procedures: For Teachers
- New Student Orientation
- The Angry Student
The Death of a Student
- In Tears the Class Proceeded
- The Death of a Parent
Substitute Teacher Handbook
- The Substitute Teacher
- A Teacher Aide
- The Foundation of Effective Teaching
- Classroom Visitors
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Job Sharing—The Best of Both Worlds
- Home and School Connection
- Technology in the Classroom
Plans: For the First Days of School
- My Personal First Day of School Script
- A Partial Script for the First Day of School
- A Middle School First-Day Plan
- A High School First-Week Plan
- An Elementary First-Ten-Days Plan
- A Principal’s Guide for a Teacher’s First-Day Script
Epilogue: A Call to Action
Execute and Follow Through
- A Last-Day Letter
- QR Code Summary
QR Code Summary
This information corresponds to the QR Code information offered in THE Classroom Management Book. Each code provides additional information, research, or activities that supplement the book.
Click each description to access the content.
PROCEDURES: For the First Day of School
PROCEDURES: For Students
PROCEDURES: For the Classroom
PROCEDURES: For Instruction
PROCEDURES: For the Special Needs Classroom
PROCEDURES: For Teachers
We are pleased to provide copies of our books to qualifying professors.
Desk copies are complimentary copies sent to professors who have adopted our books for their course. We provide one complimentary desk copy with an expected enrollment of 10 or more students in your course. Expected enrollment will be verified through your bookstore. Desk copies are limited to one per professor every two years.
For professors considering the use of any of our books, we provide an electronic preview copy for a 60-day access period through Vital Source Bookshelf (bookshelf.vitalsource.com).
For professors wishing a hard copy for preview, we require a refundable deposit of $18.95 (plus sales tax for California orders only). The amount will be refunded in full upon the return of the preview copy or adoption of the book with qualification for a complimentary desk copy.
For professors who would like a personal copy of our books but do not qualify for a complimentary desk copy, books are available at a professional discount of $18.95 (plus sales tax for California orders only). There is a limit of two professional copies per instructor.
For additional assistance with your desk, examination, or professional copy, please call 650-965-7896 or email CustomerService@HarryWong.com.
We are pleased to offer a savings for quantity orders of THE Classroom Management Book.
Click here to download a complete list of our products and the volume pricing we offer.